Sunday 2 November 2008

A starry night


On Wednesday night I was three rows away from this mans magnetic performance with the Count Basie Orchestra. He is Carlos do Carmo, one of Portugals most loved and respected singers. He was possessed by Sinatra that night. A spine tingling performance. There were other Portuguese singers too, like the fantastic Manuela Azvedo and Maria João who both blew me away and the fado singer Camane who managed to overcome his nerves with a stellar performance too. Its not often that you see singers going out of their familiar musical style. It took courage but it also showed how tenacious they all were. And I loved the idea of merging styles. I felt so privelaged to be a breath away from wonderful voices and wonderful music.Mr T managed to pull off one of the best show to date. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am to be married to a man who takes risks, doesn't listen to the cynics, and just follows his passion which is good old fashioned music. He inspires me to no end. As soon as the weekend arrived he started playing My Funny Valentine over and over whilst I destroyed the lyrics by attempting to sing as he tinkered away. He told me to stick to my day job. Good advice.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: