Friday 13 November 2009

Despite my insane lack of mummy skills


for which my mum has given me hell for, he's coming along quite nicely. In fact, I think even he likes me.
And that feels great.
My parents have stayed with us for the last week. They're leaving tomorrow. That is pretty much why I haven't been blogging of late. That and just about managing to stumble through the day with a beautiful baby that I'm totally petrified of messing up. A major mental distraction to say the least. My mum has helped me hugely, with all the intuition of a woman who has raised five children. On top of that she looked after me too, letting me sleep that much needed extra hour or so, cooking and cleaning. Its been great.
I dont think theyll come back again though. The cultural differences make them feel really uncomfortable and out of place. Hopefully I'll visit them as soon as Isaac is big enough.
Theres alot more I want to write but I think I'll leave it for now. My mums watching the national geographic channel, dubbed over in Portuguese, so she keeps asking me what they're saying. My dad's having a siesta after a stroll around the town.
I'm gonna miss them. But I'm going to do all I can to hang in there.

3 comments:

Flower Girl said...

Here's what I say to myself, and it always makes me feel better: "Baby, I'm doing the best I can."
It's nice your parents have been taking care of you too.
Kate

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm sure it must have been wonderful having your family together...hope to see you soon,,,,
Sunflower!