Monday 28 January 2008

back to my first love....

 

After a cold winter hiatus, I spent a magical weekend in the sun (yes, it really was magical) with a beautiful notebook I recieved as a xmas present from a dear friend. With this I became unexpectedly inspired by my first love: poetry.
I hadn't written in soo long, that I was beginning to think it was only ever meant to be a brief creative fling. But with a little bedtime poetry reading as well as my cycles of drawing and not drawing, i suddenly found I couldnt stop writing!
Being motivated and inspired really does miracles for me. I become a very happy little bunny.By the way, this was the magical book by Ruth Padel. Shes a wonderful critic and poet herself. A useful book for those who are poetry virgins or like me, need abit of encouragement to get back to writing again. Having a gorgeous notebook does wonders too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: