Wednesday 23 January 2008

I loved reading this little insight into how people experience museums and galleries. People watching instead of whats on the walls doesnt seem to be such a terrible thing after all. I think people have a fascination towards themselves and others, and museums are spaces designed purely for this: to look. Its funny how people often use their mobiles to take photos of art work, and how quickly people move on to the next piece without really looking. But at the same time, looking at ourselves through others never fails to fascinate us.Even I do it, bus stops, cafes, libraries. Especially since Its still difficult for me to understand alot of Portuguese. Instead, I find that i remember gestures people makes towards each other and Im always attentive towards the way people react when I try to speak Portuguese. If they're not smiling then its not a good sign!

No comments: