Wednesday 20 February 2008

Bang Bang, he shot me down

Photograph by Hayley Newman. It could be a still from a movie or real life. Has she just had an argument with her father? Or did she just see an ex lover with a new woman? Is she still in love with him? Has she just given up on trying to pull herself together? On trains you can see how much of a bad or good day a person has had by the look on their faces. Public transport is a public stage for feelings, and it is the ultimate act of breaking down because you know you will attract an audience who will be fascinated by it.

Gonna have a blogging break for a few days. My darling sister's coming over from London for a well overdue visit. I had a bit of a creative breakdown yesterday, just too many self doubts. Sad songs and sad films were probably the culprits.
Will set up my own website soon, with all my poetry and paintings. My sister's a web designer so she should get me started on it. I haven't told her yet though. I'm sure she will love me for it.

1 comment:

brianf@ozonline.com.au said...

looking forward to the new site -- don't forget to send me the url


I allowed a Dutch descended lady to copy my book Drama Games and Exercises ( I really had to , she praised it so highly ! ) and she thanked me on a post card that she had designed herself -- called Running Rooster . I may send a copy if I can
It reminded me -- in it colours -- of your work.
regards
Brian