Tuesday 16 December 2008

The Belêm Botanical Gardens




I've taken a couple of days off work. We were originally supposed to spend three days in Brussels with friends of Mr T. But our hopes were dashed when the special flight prices being offered at Ryannair doubled. I guess it was all too special to be true. A good festive bargain turned into a "Bah-Humbug!" moment. Anyway, we decided to spend it by doing absolutely nothing. Just late morning tea and toast, our first sip of mocha latte at the new Starbucks close to our neighbourhood (I know..shame on me, I shall do the necessary penitence by drinking lots of coffee in a little place on top of a mountain somewhere with goats and some nice old ladies..)and a stroll in the botanical gardens in Belêm. It was lovely.

( as a result of all that fresh breeze as I pranced about in the gardens without wearing a scarf, I woke up with a stinking cold..."Bah-Humbug!")

2 comments:

Mónica said...

Huuummm... I see i´ll have to visit the botanical gardens too, they are beautiful!
there's a big diference between this and the view of Alentejo's landscape.
:)) Have a good weekend.

Vânicas said...

I had already visited these gardens, they are great.
Indeed, Belém has always that charm:-)

Kiss Kiss!!