Tuesday 25 March 2008

Done

 

This piece has taken me to a whole new level of patience, stamina and persistence. I have given up so easily before and made so many excuses for breaking promises to myself. So this has been a big breakthrough for me. I know how to deal with artistic selfdoubt, daily distractions and mindless procrastinating.
Still have a lot to learn but I'm ready and willing. My mind is brimming with ideas that I don't think I have enough paper to put it all down.
I'm a happy little butterfly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nx said...

She looks fantastic. I really love this piece. It's really vibrant and effectively brings together a lot of the elements I know you are interested in. I know what you mean about the excuse-making and promise-breaking. I'm finally getting over that too- just in time as the graduation show looms. The Mutu inspired piece looks as if it could go far too.

khairun said...

Thanks for the comment Nat. Im really happy that you can see my influences and interests within the piece. I think its important to express these interests clearly as an artist. I would hate to be overly ambiguous as alot of artists are, especially in contemporary art nowadays.
Cant wait to see the results of your grad show. Good luck with it.