Thursday 29 May 2008

Home is where the heart is...






With all the wedding jitters in the air at the moment (two weeks to go before Im enslaved to a life of wedlock..lol) Well it means I havent been really painting, lots of drawing and fiddling with pens and pencils, but nothing solid and complete. So I thought I would spend this afternoon taking pictures of all my favourite nooks and crannies. Of my home, not me. There are two studios, the one with the big windows and patterned rug is Antonios, and the other one is mine.
I love all the light we get here, and we get a lovely breeze when we open the windows. The Portuguese heat can get a tad stifling during the summer months but being on the second floor of an apartment building gives us alot more of a fresh breeze than those below us.
Over the last few months or so, plants have been one of my guilty pleasures, why the guilt im not sure. Maybe its because I should spend more time talking to people than to my plants.. but I love it. It really relaxes me. A close second behind my love for after eights and Oprah. (watching Oprah..now THATs a guilty pleasure).

2 comments:

Nx said...

Oooooh! Not fair I want a cute studio with the Med sunlight pouring in through the windows. Tonight was the opening of the graduation show. I even got business cards made up, complete with my images. Very pro. There it is - 'Natalie Bartlett-Foster, Visual artist and Illustrator lol.
Two weeks until wedded bliss eh! Honeymoon?
ps I know you're busy but answer my email woman.

khairun said...

keep your hotpants on! I've just answered my mail as we speak

oooh a business card! You're all grown up! Very pro indeed

were gonna spend three nights in a country hotel in Bath after the wedding, all expenses paid treat from my brother.yay!
We'll have a week off after the do in Portugal and just take long drives towards the north, nothing extravagant. Maldives was our early honeymoon!