Wednesday 23 July 2008

Latest felt tip creations

as well as this, a blurry picture of my clay experiment. I just couldnt get my camera to focus on it properly. This is the best shot out of about a hundred. I wanted to create a little keepsake of sorts. It feels really nice having a piece of artwork in the palm of my hands and after giving it a good coat of varnish, it felt really smooth and 'pebbly' (new word invented by me). Mr T suggested the idea of turning them into pendants, so Im doing a few more, different sizes and designs. I will post them once my camera is a bit more well behaved.
I did this plus the following sketches over the last few days. After getting married (twice;the first one being a religious affair in London, and the second one in a little village an hours drive from Lisbon)We stayed in a gorgeous house overlooking the sea . Its our Lisbon getaway most weekends and Mr T used to spend almost every summer there growing up. Its a place that holds alot of precious memories of his parents, both of whom are sitting on a cloud somewhere wishing us lots of love and happiness Im sure. We wanted to have some quiet time; no internet or telly, just lots of reading, lying on the beach and long walks. Most evenings I managed to get alot of these drawings done. I bought plenty of pens and a drawing pad from the local town and just got started without too much thought into what I wanted to do.It was one of the best breaks Ive had recently and I feel so lucky to share this special place with my husband.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vânicas said...

I really like this:-) So cute!!!
You have a lot of talent girl, your work is very perfect and original.
I never thought that your work was so great:-)
Listen visit my blog http://hotchocolateandpen.blogspot.com and see my last work.
I hope that you enjoy!!

KISS KISS

khairun said...

Thankyou Vania, youre so sweet!
i have just looked at youre blog and your works great! But with all the work I know you do, how do you have time to do a blog? Actually, I ask myself this question too. :)
I will continue to keep an eye on your work in future

take care
Khairun