Wednesday 24 June 2009

Not a good week...

Post six months pregnant and Im really feeling the days drag. I am now suffering from the famous sleepless nights syndrome. My ribs feel like they are at breaking point as the baby gets bigger and bigger. Eeek. Plus I got a good telling off from my doctor because of my recent sugar cravings, thus rapid weight gain. I cannot wait to start my maternity leave soon. The heat combined with getting to work everyday is a tough cookie to bite. Plus it does take me away from this dear blog and my little painting adventures. The mornings that are not spent doing this are taken over by much needed lie ins as I normally end up falling asleep by 6 or 7 in the morning. The expanding ribs and not being able to sleep on my front or back has not been my cup of tea over the last couple of weeks.
And the cherry on top of all of this? My sisters getting married in 3 weeks time and I didn't get the all clear from both doctor and hubby to be there. I would be more than 7 months pregnant at that point and my doc didn't fancy the idea of me going into labour alone, on Easyjet. But it's my sisters wedding!!!
I would normally console myself with a large portion of strawberry cheesecake but I have to make do with some dried apricots instead. Not quite the same level of satisfaction, but well, doctors orders.

Pregnancy is not being much fun for me right now. How do millions of women do it???

2 comments:

Nx said...

Oh lordy!This doesn't sound fun at all what with all the rib crunching and insomnia.Why can't you travel at 7 months preggers? I think Mr T and Senor Dr are being a bit over-anxious about the situation. It's a shame to miss her wedding. How is the mural in the nursery going? I've put up some pics of the jewellery I'm working on for my etsy shop, I'm planning to have some art in there too but the jewellery is taking up most of my time. Say hi to Mr T and tell him to stop being so worrisome.
ps Print? lol I know you've got a lot on your mind.
Besosxx

khairun said...

Hi Nats!

The print has been sitting on my desk patiently waiting whilst I try and work my way out of this current preggie meltdown. It will get to you, eventually and I'm just thankful that I youre so forgiving!
On a different note, Im soo pleased to hear about your jewelry and news of your etsy adventures. I am going to have a look at your blog right now!

Beijo
Khairun