Tuesday 15 September 2009

A new friend


waiting in the wings. She's coming along nicely, and look how lovely she looks in the morning sunlight.



And this is a little pencil drawing I made on a whim, last night. She has promptly been put on my inspiration board. There's no hiding in my studio! No more drawers of the long and forgotten!

I might be a mama today! I have an appointment with my OB later on so please forgive me if I don't blog for a few days.I may be in a very compromised position, holding a baby no less!!!
Wish me luck and a 'small hour' as they say here in Portugal.
They're a funny bunch, the Portuguese. Wonder what in the world they're talking about when they say that, eh??

Have a lovely Teusday!

3 comments:

Flower Girl said...

mama khairun, oh my gosh, so exciting! i wish you a small hour too then! my sister and her husband live in barcelona, and they are awaiting the arrival of their first baby too. tick tock tick tock ;) your friend is fab; what did you use to make her?
good luck, kate

shelley said...

K~
i love the doll, especially the beautiful floral design on her dress-- it's beautiful!
best wishes for your *possible* trip to the hospital and for your new baby, can't wait to see photos of him!!

khairun said...

Thanks guys, but I think I got everybody all excited over nothing!
Will keep you posted however..definatly a matter of days and then I can finally stop talking about babies!

FG- i will post something about what went into the making of the doll once its finished, so stay tuned for that!