Wednesday 7 November 2007

artistic confidence gone astray....:-(

I bought a fabulous collection of artbooks from a townfair near my workplace. Very affordable with beautiful pictures. In addition to gazing enviably at the technique of such great masters of art, I also had a look at a considerable number of artists websites. Looking for inspiration is a healthy thing to do. Until, that is, you come to the conclusion that EVERYONE has what it takes and you don't! :-( The last time I painted the human form was when I was 16. That was more than 10 years ago so as you can probably guess, I'm not the most confident of artists... Well, nevertheless I shall persevere on the sole fact that it is one of the few things that makes me intensely happy :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

brianf@ozonline.com.au said...

And let's face it -- you are bringing happiness to others as well - especially me .

I think your individual style has great promise, and I am working with delight at reading your images and motifs, as I said in the email.

And I am so very, very fond of Modigliani.

Brian

khairun said...

Thankyou very very much Brian :-)