Wednesday 14 November 2007

Lisbon Art Fair 2007

A very kind friend gave me an invitation to the fair a couple of days ago, and I hadn't even known about it until she mentioned it. She's an art photographer and some of her work was on display at the fair (all of which were beautiful.. and I'm not just saying that because of her kindness..) In fact, I found the photographic work much more interesting than all the paintings which was both surprising and disappointing at the same time. I had my own inner objectives as I perused the endless maze of stalls. I wanted to look at how artists form their ideas, particularly crazy ideas, and whether or not it came across effectively within their chosen medium. I also wanted to look at the more traditionalist techniques of skin tones in portraits and new mediums that I might like to try in the future (using aluminium, embroidery, large mixed media pieces, photography). All in all, I think it really helped me to understand the art market. Something I feel I should start getting to grips with, no matter how superficial it may be.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: