Wednesday 2 April 2008

Novella

This is a poem I wrote about two years ago. It is a series of haikus.
Ive been writing poetry on and off for a very long time and eventually I would like to make an illustrated collection of my poetry. Bring both of my favourite things into one project.

NOVELLA


As fiction you are

Stuck on a fleeting promise

To be something real.

A paperback ride

I stumble on your sentence

Read between the lines.

To me your words are

Lifted and free from all this

Love I can't release.

So at night I have

The darkness to dissolve you

Into a thick sleep.

But I fold the page

Continue where I left you

And make love again.

And fear the yearning

When I finish reading it

To want more of this.

I can't predict it

The last line of this chapter

The end of this book.

The fact that I am

Stuck on a fleeting promise

To feel something real.

No comments: