Monday 7 April 2008

weekend sketch

Another one of my wistful looking ladies. I decided to be alittle more constructive with these random sketches of mine, hence the notes and little magazine cut outs for ideas on my colour palette. I wanted to head out to some art shops downtown but the weather was lousy. So I've been looking through other artist's blogs and sighing. A very unproductive thing to do. I feel like I have little direction in terms of completing pieces. My studio is a hodgepodge of ideas tried and tested, the good ones are staring back at me on my desk hoping to be fully realised, and the failed ones are crumpled around my feet.
The sketching process has been productive but I really really want to complete something that is good enough for another person to want and not just for the walls of my apartment...
Well, I have'nt got the right materials now and using turpentine at night turns me into an insomniac. So I might just tuck into a nice movie before hitting the sack. Wanna be up bright and abnormally early tomorrow.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nx said...

Hi Khai, this one looks like it will be a good piece. The Midsummer night's dream lady is def a covetable piece of art. If you didn't want to let go of the original, I think it would make nice large prints.

khairun said...

thanks nat. Im going to have a look into the printing idea. My first venture into selling something! Who'da thought eh? Khairun the businesswoman.
i shall let you know how it goes.