Monday 6 April 2009

What in the name of George are those????


That's what my Portuguese friends tell me when they see these jars in my kitchen. Well, along those lines anyway.
I had to label them so that all was alot clearer and that they wouldn't be confused with dying terrariums or a collection of 'dirt' from my travels across the country. (across my street these days. From the sofa. A collection of what's within the crevices of my sofa. Gross.Sorry, train of thought going to strange places now......).
The labels are my friends. A form of spice identification. Back up. Incase putting them in glass jars don't work.
Blue, white and red. Hail Brittania! Or France. Or America... no confusion as to where our spud's roots are, that's for sure. Sorry Mr T, and sorry Mum, but the red and green combo (Bangladesh and Portugal in case you folks didn't know) just seems so garish!

I have also been making a few more granny squares for a baby blanket. Not quite figured out how to watch telly whilst doing them though. Only true masters in the art of crochet can do that. Abit like touch typing. Touch crocheting? I tried it and practically ended up sticking the hook up my nose.



Touch crocheting?? Me?? Your'e havin a laugh mate!

Baby update: Nothing special to be honest. Apart from wanting to eat dinner at 5 or 6. And again abit later with Mr T. I cook like a mad scientist, trying to discover a way to rid the world of disease and poverty. With alot of gusto, in other words. That includes shovelling it down my mouth with not much left for Mr T. Pregnancy can make you evil. Evil and mad.Ever so slightly.
I've just eaten a banana. And a Bounty bar afterwards. Medical research at its best. And I am not just the scientist here but quite clearly, the human guinea pig too.
Goerge knows, what that's gonna do to my digestive system.

Must get back to the crocheting now. And come up with more names to substitute the man upstairs. Ron Almighty.

(erm...I should reassure you that I wouldn't seriously put my body in any kind of danger. I can actually eat healthily. I ate two apples today. And I can sucessfully get off the sofa without taking the sofa with me. You see?!)

No comments: