Tuesday 19 August 2008

An authentic doily

Mr Ts not sure but he thinks his grandmother made this. We found it amongst various crocheted coasters and dinner mats at his family seaside cottage. I get a lump in my throat just looking at how much love was put into it. I would like to crochet oneday but I think my sewing machine will start getting jealous. I tried teaching myself how to thread the poor thing but it took me ages and made my hands felt like the size of boxing gloves. Anyway, going back to the lovely doily, we are thinking about having it framed.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vânicas said...

Hey Khairun, listen this music.
It's deliciously fantastic and positive.

Kiss Kiss crochet girl:-P

Vânicas said...

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIzyquw-kc

brianf@ozonline.com.au said...

My grandmother was an expert with the crochet needle-- even sold her work .

All lost now alas

Brian