Sunday 17 August 2008

Friday was a national holiday

but when I asked, nobody seemed to know why, but now I do. It has something to do with this lady
 

I am trying to brush up on my photography skills. After a little stroll by the riverside with Mr T (we had to work off our brunch) I noticed this lovely creature outside our local 'frutaria'. What with everything being closed due to that lady I mentioned, and the fact that the prospect of a long weekend usually culminates in a mass exodus from Lisbon to the Algarve, you could walk about in silk slippers and it would be as loud as a herd of Portuguese bulls being chased down the street. It was THAT quiet. So I decided to take a photo of an old VW Beetle. Not quite sure if that explained my reasoning. Probably not. Never mind. Just squint your eyes and imagine it in black and white. And think about Fellini too. That should do it.

1 comment:

Vânicas said...

Yes it's true, almost no one knows the meaning of the holiday 15August, like most Catholics holidays.
But the worst is when they don't know the day of independence of Portugal or the reason for the April 25 and other important holidays of our country.
It makes me remember when a journalist asked a kidm from where came the chickens and he replied: FROM THE SUPERMARKET!
It's our culture:-(

I love the photo. The car is fantastic and the "frutaria" ... LOL.

Kisses lovely girl