Thursday 11 September 2008

Just when I thought I was all alone in this crazy world

we call the internet, the other day one of my myspace friends Goroart sent me a message to tell me he had just completed a piece using a photo from my myspace album. Hes a fantastic and prolific artist, devoting alot of time to what he loves.
I couldn't believe it| I was touched and thrilled at the news and was even more so when I saw it. Mr T gave it a proper thumbs up. Surprises like these are what makes my day, my month, my year in fact. Blogging has opened me up to so many sources of inspiration and wonder, but it has also allowed me to witness acts of kindness and generosity, none more so than in Kirsten and Elsitas giveaways and the blog award that literally came out of nowhere! My dream to indulge every weekday morning in scribbling, painting, poking,sewing,stuffing, twisting has come true. And it really doesn't phase me one bit when I burn toast, forget to put the milk back in the fridge and have my usual roadrunner dash to work. As long as I remember not to drink the aforementioned beverage, life feels quite bloomin nice.

Heres the lovely picture. I hope you like it. I love his use of colours and expressive brushstroke. If it were left to me I would have probably turned it into a kind of minestrone of splodgy colours. Best to leave this amount of paint to a person who clearly knows what they are doing.

1 comment:

Nx said...

Oh lovely. I remember taking this photo. Who whould have thought that spontaneous moment would end up as a work of art?