Wednesday 3 September 2008

Love is all around


and I got some of the love thanks to the lovely loveliness of Oiseaux! I have seen these popping up around blogland but did I ever think I would be blessed with this coveted title? No silly, of course not. Ive only been around for a year and a bit and my art still sucks. Well, it sucks less than it used to. Okay it doesnt. Enough of the self depricating blabber already.
Ill tell you what does suck though. Forgetting that there are alot of lovely people out there who might want to leave a comment and couldnt because silly old me only granted this wish exclusively to those who are gmail account holders. I have since changed my comment settings so there shouldnt be any more problems.
I also promise here and now, to be less sloppy with my punctuation. I must embrace apostrophes more.

I am now going to spread the love. According to the rules I must select seven blogs that I have enjoyed and ooohed over recently, but most of all, have given me oodles and oodles of inspiration. There are countless others, most of whom are on my link list. But I have alot of updating to do as there are so many great blogs out there.
Drumroll please. The award goes to....

1.Kirsty Hall: This blog gave me so much advice and modes of perspective on all things art related and life inspired. Its a no nonsense approach to blogging with less of the bling bling and more of the real thing..(ooh i really liked the way that rhymed..)

2.Amanda Blake Her work just thrills me to the core.

3.Elsie Marley A sewing convert, with great tutorials and ideas. The things that she has managed to rustle up with her trusty sewing machine makes me want to mentally repeat to myself; sewing machines wont kill you Khairun over and over and over...

4.Rosa Pomar: Drool over her beautiful selection of dolls. But not too much otherwise that would be gross. Its all in Portuguese but have no fear, the Google translater is there! (ok ok that was bad) Nevermind me, go and have a look. And see how long it takes before the doll making bug gets you. Seconds I tell you...SECONDS.

5.Dirt Silver and Gold : Her colour pencil drawings are heavenly, ethereal, soft... and they probably smell of talcum powder too.

6.Katy Horan : Lovely, imaginative artwork. Her work reminds me of Bosch (not to be confused with the washing machine...you know who I mean Mr Heronymonyhony..) plus she wants to learn how to play the banjo. That takes multitasking to a whole new level...

7.Swallowfield : Beautifully intricate and detailed drawings. Her work could look great on any surface.

Thankyou once again Shelley for including me in your list of chosen blogs.

Have a lovely day people!

xxx

2 comments:

amanda blake said...

thank you!

Anonymous said...

Khairun...

you are most welcome!
:)