Monday 1 September 2008

Sweaters and hot chocolate

Getting prepared to say goodbye to the sunny days albeit on and off, and hello to red leaves, snug boots and writing in my diary. I tend to feel a little low this time of the year but Ive decided to embrace the coziness of more nights spent in, cooking,watching old films with Mr T and having more ME time. I have just started to learn how to crochet-yeahh!! and I made my first plush toy thanks to this fab tutorial courtesy of sugarshiva. A task and a half to say the least. But I felt so proud, even though I havent got round to sewing up the little hole where I stuffed it rather too enthusiastically. It feels more like a brick than a soft squishable toy, but hey, at least I tried.
This month I really want to sit back and take stock of all the things I have created and continue to create. I have alot of ideas but I want to start scaling things down, hone in on what makes me tick! So that hopefully and very soon I can go about starting my etsy shop!
So heres to a wonderfully warm and positive September! I know it can be a difficult month for many but keep smiling!

2 comments:

Mónica said...

Hi.Thanks for the visit!
There are many many site tahat can help you, in my side bar you'll find many links in the 'crafts'.
I strongly recomend you the martha steward's site
( http://www.marthastewart.com/ )
and i know one book that exists an english version.
It's the 'complete guide to sewing', it's hard to find it to sale, but there are a version scanned online, i've tried to find it for you, but i only found the version in portuguese.
Seek it, you may find it.
It's kind of a 'bible' of sewing.
There's also many other books in english like the ones in this link, end these you can order online

http://oficinadaslinhas.blogspot.com/search/label/livros

Hope i could help a little more this time ;))

Kisses.

khairun said...

thankyou thankyou thankyou!