Monday 22 September 2008

weekend sketches

I feel that alot of my sporadic slightly off the wall ideas are starting to come together now. In this picture I think I have really improved on my drawing techniques without bieng too technical. I want to explore the theatrical and eccentric side of femininity. My work up until now has been exploratory in nature which I had a hard time dealing with since It felt as though i was merely jumping from one idea to another with no real 'togetherness' in my work. But now I realise that theres nothing wrong with that, and in fact it has been a revealing exercise in itself, giving me an insight on how my style of work keeps changing. Hopefully for the better. My future concerns lie in the quality of material and framing practice. Decent art materials are just so expensive, especially when I have a weak spot for Clinique make up and shoes. October is certainly going to be a month for prioritising.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: