Wednesday 22 July 2009

Room with a View

Missing my home, my family and friends these days. Most of it down to the pregnancy I'm sure. It's only a matter of weeks now. Last night we bought diapers,a baby bathtub and teeny tiny socks. Still haven't got much clue as to how much more we need, but just trying to focus on what will make our lives a little bit easier for the first month or so. My doctor took one look at my belly and said what everybody else has been saying: YOU'RE HUGE! She thinks I might need to be induced around the beginning of September if he keeps growing at this rate. I have total faith in her and having the baby earlier than planned will just give me more of my maternity leave to be with him, rather than waiting for him and getting fatter in the process. It's all very very exciting. I can and cannot wait to be a mamma. One part of me wants him to stay in me belly, all snug and secure. Another part of me wants him OUT so that I can stop waddling around like a duck and fluffing a dozen cushions just to sit comfortably. Not digging the belly meets upper thighs when I sit down either.My skin has been good to me though. Thanks to genetics I guess. My mum has beautiful skin and she didn't get any stretch marks with all 5 pregnancies! I'll be happy not to get any just with my first.
Feeling abit tired now. I have been painting sporadically, but as you can probably guess, the whole baby thing has been a slight distraction to say the least. I will post my latest painting over the weekend.
Gotta go. Have a lovely day!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: