Monday 6 July 2009

Huge would be the operative word




And here I am feeling like i have a watermelon strapped to my stomach. That dress happens to be the most comfortable thing I have worn since I started expanding in all directions. I have had to finally scour my way through the infamous maternity wear departments across much of Portugal. Shame we dont have GAP here. Ive heard great things about their line for mamas to be. The dress was from H&M so the pricetag was well within my budget.



I had a great week off, spending it at the beach (that viewpoint from under the sun umbrella was mine for quite a number of relaxing days) collecting rocks and then painting on them, like a cavewoman. I also used my pocket watercolour set to do some sketches whilst I was there, alfresco style. I felt like abit of an artisan, totally absorbed, blocking out the world around me except the sound of the waves and the gentle seabreeze. It was an interesting exercise in general too since I was out of my normal studio surroundings and learning instead to take my creativity outside. Something that can be both awkward yet exhilarating at the same time. It felt pretty good.

I managed to finish a couple of watercolour pieces too, one of which I will give away this month as a print. I will write about it tomorrow. In the meantime, have a look at this blog by my friend Natalie. She's a young artist living in London and is about to launch her etsy shop . Her work ranges from some lovely mixed media work to intricate jewelry design. I wish you lots of luck in your new venture Nats!

5 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

How beautiful and relaxing the beach is! How adorable that rock is!

Nx said...

Feeling the love ;-)
Damn girl that be one big belly ya'll! But I like that little black number you're rockin' it's very good on the boobage area too. I'm liking the cavewoman action. This knocked up malarky is bringing out the earth mother in you eh?

khairun said...

Lol, the mysterious effects of mamahood, in every sense! Its all good, boobage and all!

Shez said...

I love that picture of you, beautiful and healthy. So happy for you and your future "mama hood" :)
Also so nice to hear from you again Khairun. I envy your stay at the beach, looks wonderful, and your rock work is fantastic, would love to be doing that. It does feel awkward at first stepping outside of the box art wise, but exhilarating at the same time, I know what you mean.......

khairun said...

Thanks Sharon! Im glad I look healthy, though my doctor would beg to differ. Ive been eating more than I should!
Warm weather was a major factor. My husband didnt want to be couped up indoors. Having the choice taken from you helps!