Wednesday 1 July 2009

My Greenbird



I'm going to be 29 tomorrow! Planning on making myself a yummy birthday cake,order a few books from Amazon and get some art supplies courtesy of Mr T. To be honest, I haven't put much thought to what I would do this year, since this year has been all about the bulge. The most important thing for me to celebrate right now, is that I'm in a happier state of mind despite the stressed out rant here and there. I'd say my current slouching spot these days is in a very positive and gentle place. Not as exhilerating as being on top of a mountain, more of a balcony overlooking a lake, with a cup of tea and a book by my side, and my hand on my belly.

I finished this piece yesterday evening. Trying to enjoy the process rather than worrying about the end result. I find I'm alot more productive and freer that way. Hope you like it! I'm planning to do a series of these strange, mysterious figures. Let's see how it goes. In the meantime, I still have a nursery to wrap up!

No comments: