Monday 27 October 2008

Did I mention my fascination for painting boxes?


Over the summer, I discovered a fantastic arts and craft shop where they sold plain wooden boxes in lots of enticing shapes and sizes. I bought this one with the intention of painting it. I subsequently stared at it most mornings as it collected dust, conjuring up intricate designs that I would have to sit down and do, WITHOUT distractions (youtube...you evil thing you..) So today was the day! No distractions. I painted the floral design using acrylics and I still need to decide what I'm going to do for the sides. The design was inspired by a greetings card from the fantastic blog Print and Pattern.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mónica said...

Hi sweetie!
I've received the painting yesterday. It arrived in one piece, the package is perfect.No folds or scratches. I think it's completely safe, at least for this time :)) lucky me!
Sereously,i just love the painting, it's even better live than in the picture.
My daughter said it looks just like me ;))) .
I've already posted in my blog, it will receive a frame, as soon asi find a good one.
Thank you so much.
Kisses.

khairun said...

wonderful! Im really happy to hear that :)
Im going to see where its new home is now...

thanks so much for letting me know :)