Monday 30 March 2009

Lashings of love for this book


The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell. I devoured this book in just under a week, just as I did with her previous books. Reading makes me fantasise about becoming a writer, but this urge is remarkably similar to what I have recently been experiencing 5 minutes pre-pee. Intense, and at times filled with want and despair.Depending on how far away I am from the nearest wc. Afterwards, I'm back to my old, not very intense tea-drinking, book-reading self.
I heartily recommend this book to anyone who is so afraid of reaching the last pages of a good story, and of not knowing what to do with ones life after such an ordeal. I literally wanted to throw this book down the loo after I was done peeing. I wanted it to go on forever. Not the peeing of course.

I have to stop talking about pee.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

I found this in the clearance bin for like two quid or something. I had never read anything by the author at all and only bought it for a cheap read.

Adored it! Absolutely. Any recommendations for the next O'Farrell read?

khairun said...

All of them!