Thursday 12 March 2009

Missy has a hissyfit

I've always considered myself to be a calm easy going kinda gal. I hate confrontations and try not to overreact on any occasion. Those who know me well enough can testify to this. I'm not a drama queen, an attention seeker or a crowd pleaser of any kind.
Being pregnant appears to have destroyed my zen-like mojo. Lately I have been abit rubbish because of all my hormones going beserk and having to deal with all the 'helpful advice' from people around me. All of a sudden my body is being subjected to nightmare birth stories, how I shouldn't reach up for objects in high places, carry shopping bags and drink water from plastic cups. I happen to have had a relatively smooth run so far; no morning sickness or overwhelming tiredness (apart from my need to sleep late, but that probably has nothing to do with my present condition; I'm just a lazy mama).So what do I get in response? "Well, wait till you get to 6 months, you'll be totally exhausted." Gee thanks for warning me. All of this is raining down on my little 'I think I'm getting the hang of this baby thing' parade. I totally understand the good intention behind it, don't get me wrong. But having an empty plastic cup torn out of my hand in shock because of the potential bacteria??? That's a whole different kettle of fish I'm dealing with here. It just scares the hell out of me and makes me feel like I'm not in control.
Sorry for the hissyfit. Missy needs a lie down and something funny to distract her.
Try this. This made me laugh so hard. Oh but wait- Is it harmful for me to laugh too much?? Bloody well hope not.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

I soooo needed this tonight!